Iowans are invited to review the updated Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy. The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and Iowa State University seek to continue to broaden the engagement of stakeholders and further advance the strategy.
The public is invited to provide feedback on implementation of the strategy and comment on additional partnerships that could help strengthen the strategy and help achieve the goals of continuous improvement and broad participation by all stakeholders. The comment period will be ongoing.
Areas of focus include
- Strengthen collaborative local, county, state, and federal partnerships
- Are there additional partners with a demonstrated ability to advance implementation of nutrient reduction technologies and conservation practices to improve water quality?
- Identify additional opportunities for accelerating cost effective N and P load reductions from both point and non-point sources.
- Are there additional or emerging practices and/or technologies that should be considered for inclusion in the NRS Science Assessment? The WRCC annual report on the strategy identifies a process for these new and emerging practices and technologies to be included in the list of practices.
- Are there additional delivery methods and opportunities that should be considered to increase the rate of adoption?
Comments should not only identify ideas or suggestions, but also direction on groups that could best to accomplish this particular task. Potential partners include public or private groups, businesses, NGOs, etc.
- Electronic: Please use the form below to submit your comments. As with other public comments please include your name. Fields with a red asterisk (*) are required for submission.
- Mail: Comments may be mailed to: ANR Program Services, attn: Nutrient Reduction Strategy, 1151 NSRIC, Ames, Iowa 50011-3310.
Comments and contact information submitted here are considered public and are subject to Open Records Law requests from the media or others.